Helping Yukon Youth on their Path to Employment!
To help youth develop the necessary skills to successfully gain and maintain meaningful employment. We are fully dedicated to assisting youth who struggle with employment through tailored support and training on an individual basis.
We provide services to ALL youth who are between the ages of 15-30 and are in transition to work. We offer services to youth throughout Yukon and are committed to visiting Yukon communities up to 4 times per year.
General services for ALL youth:
- Job search tools and resources
- Drop-in Centre with access to computer lab, fax machine, photo copier, phone etc.
- Career development workshops (resume & cover letter writing, interview prep, job search strategies etc.)
For youth who have not successfully completed high school:
- Meaningful paid 3 month work placements
- Life skills training ( First Aid, How To Stretch Your Money, WHMIS)
- Case management with onsite youth employment coordinators
For youth who are currently attending high school or post-secondary:
- Co-op programs and internships for credit towards graduation
Youth Employment Steering Committee
Our Youth Employment Steering Committee provides feedback on programming and services offered through the Youth Employment Centre Program. The Committee consists of youth representatives, Skookum Jim Friendship Centre representatives, a Yukon Government representative and an Elder.
For General inquires please email us at : email@example.com
Check out the Youth Employment Centre’s Facebook Page :